Sunday, October 23, 2011

Of Rides and Red Heels

Awwww....Sunday is here and I'm enjoying every minute of it.  This Diva has had a busy weekend and I'm looking forward to kicking back today....perhaps even taking a nap!  To recap:

Friday - Friday, I love you so, although I forgot to add TGIF to the blog.  Went grocery shopping after work then hit the hay around 9:30 after catching up on Project Runway.

My man's new ride
Saturday - Rose early and picked up my guy for a cruise to Gresham Kia in order to get maintenance on my car at 10am.  We decided to wander around the car lot just for kicks and giggles, which was the wrong thing to do.  The car salesmen started swarming like flies on honey....one after the other, moving in  for the kill.  One older salesman ended up showing us a few cars; he went on and on about first the pain in is leg, then his sciatic nerve, then more about his pain.  He topped it off by saying his eyes weren't watering he was crying from his pain and unfortunately the morphine he was taking was helping.  Oh for God's sakes man!  This is not how to make a sale!!!  I told him he was telling us too much about his health....I was sick of it (pun intended.)

I actually ended up test driving a car but my boy was the one that went home with a new rig.  He picked up a sweet Kia Sorrento; we ended up being in the damn car dealership until 3pm.  Yes, five fricking hours!!!  We hooked up with the salesman that sold me my car so I earned myself a $50 referral fee (yeah, Weston didn't break the bank on that one!) 

A few tips for Weston Kia - offer your customers, especially ones who are buying a car, something to drink.  They offered us no beverage, although the salesman filled up his water jug while we were there.  It wouldn't hurt them to have a few cans of cheap Shasta pop sitting in a fridge available to at least customers who are making a purchase.  In addition, they only filled up my guy's new car half way with gas.  WTF?  The man spends a considerable sum and that's only worth half a tank of gas?  Those items, along with a 50+ year old salesman sporting a gray faux-hawk, were disturbing.


Saturday night Diva outfit
My guy and I made plans to meet up at our regular spot for competition darts along with celebrating the bar owners birthday.  After taking a quick shower, I had to figure out what to wear.  Arrrggg....sometimes it is so hard to figure out the perfect outfit!  Jeans or skirt?  Heels or flats? Hair up or down?  After creating a quite large pile of clothing on my bed and pile of shoes on my floor, I finally decided on skinny jeans, striped top, and red heels.  I also threw a wide, vinyl red belt in with the mix but that simply moved it too far into 80's costume so it was quickly removed.

Diva Sister Erin stopped by for a quick visit and that was entertaining, to say the least.   Her visit could make a whole blog chapter in itself but I believe I will pass. 

Saturday ended up being a late night and for that reason a Sunday nap is calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment