Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!  This Mother's Day weekend has been busy and fabulous at the same time!  Friday Michael showed up bearing early gifts - an Ulta certificate!  The man knows what desires lay in my heart....hair and makeup products! 

Saturday found us picking up a 10-foot UHaul truck in order to thoroughly clean out the garage.  I'd never driven a UHaul before I have to say it was pretty darn easy - at least the 10-foot variety.  Back at the garage, the boys were on hand and we made quick work of packing the truck full of an old bed, bed frame, two broken down recliners, and a variety of other trash, odds and ends mixed together. 

Michael and Jordan followed Sam and I to Waste Control so the truck could be unloaded.  Sam was fairly methodical while unloading the garbage and tossing it into the dump conveyor belt.  Jordan on the other hand was a maniac, whipping items into the dumpster with the sole purpose of breakage and destruction.  I had to put a stop to his fun after he violently tossed a can of green paint against the conveyor wall, splitting it open and splashing paint.  Thankfully no paint came our way but I didn't like the idea of being charged by UHaul for a truck paint change.

After the dump we swung by and dropped off the truck, which may have been a record rental.  Picked up, loaded, unloaded, and returned in less than two hours!  After the dump, the boys went their way while Michael and I finished organizing and cleaning up the garage, which now looks awesome!!

Saturday night I received present number two when Michael took me out to dinner to one of my favorite restaurants, Judy's.  He ate lasagna while I had hazelnut and cranberry chicken with a side of fettuccine alfredo.  Yum yum!  We topped it off by sharing a slice of strawberry pie. 

This Mother's Day I awoke to my third present - a deep fryer along with a sweet card.  The coup de grace for today is the mani/pedi I'll be penciling in for this morning along with the dinner Michael will be cooking for me this afternoon.  Hopefully the boys will remember their dear old ma when they arrive back home today.  It may not be a card or a gift, but a load of laundry will suffice!

Happy Mother's Day Divas!  And especially to my very much missed mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment