Wednesday, May 16, 2012

We Need To Talk About.....Heating and Air

I had an unexpected day off from work today, which I filled up with....more work!  After cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming and sending the boys off to school, I had visions of a hair cut in my future.  Unfortunately, the smarter part of me, after a phone consultation with Michael, decided it was time to get the oil changed in my car.  I cruised on over to the shop where I spent two hours waiting for oil change, maintenance, and review.  That done, I made my way to Home Depot to pick up a few more flower baskets, mainly to replace the ones I had purchased from Walmart which had quickly died (and yes, I watered them!)  Then it was on to Walgreens where the senior pictures of Jordan that had been ordered last night awaited me. 

After Walgreens it was on to home where I sat and waited, and waited, and waited for the heating and air conditioning company to fix my heat pump unit.  They were due to show up between 2:00 and 3:30; they called about 3:20 and said they were on their way.  Sigh.  My hopes of a hair cut and even color today are gradually slipping away.

While waiting for the technicians to arrive, I bided my time watching a new movie On Demand - We Need to Talk About Kevin, starring Tilda Swinton.  Creepy.  Downtrodden.  Strange.  And that's just Tilda Swinton!  Seriously, folks, it was an odd movie of which I had heard good reviews but it was rather a downer, especially on a sunny day.

Movie over, technicians have completed their assessment and the result is.....a new heat pump system is needed for my home.  Ouch.  The good news is my current system lasted me 14 years, which isn't bad for a heating and cooling unit.  Oh, it's good to be an optimist!

No comments:

Post a Comment