Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Green Goo and Veggies

I've tried a couple new items this week that are very tasty....and good for me! 

The green goo
On Sunday I picked up a Ninja blender and am using it to make myself green smoothies for breakfast.  Baby spinach and kale mixed with a varied selection of carrots, apple, banana, blueberries, frozen strawberries, pineapple, juice, chia seeds, and coconut oil.  It doesn't look so hot but it sure is tasty!  I've been eating oatmeal with blueberries for so long it's nice to have something different.

Also on Sunday, Michael and I ate breakfast at Elmer's, where I ordered the veggie omelet with hollandaise sauce.  It was delectable; after studying it carefully, it was clear it could easily be whipped up at home.  Monday night found  me stir frying zucchini, onion, red pepper, and spinach then folding it all into an omelet.  I topped it off with hollandaise from a packet; it made for a very tasty dinner.

Veggie Omelet


No comments:

Post a Comment