Thursday, July 11, 2013

Miles, Mariners, and Midnight

Last night the management team from work loaded up two limos and cruised to Safeco Field in Seattle for the Mariners vs. Red Sox baseball game.  Although stylish, we were crammed into the limo like sardines.  It also didn't help that we hit Seattle traffic, delaying our arrival until 8pm for the 7pm game.  After three hours of cozy co-worker travel, listening over and over to the two video DVD's available - Queen and Michael Jackson - it was a blessing to arrive, peel my sweaty butt off the leather seat, and exit the limo door.

Through connections, we were to score a box suite, which is the ultimate way to watch a game.  Loaded with burgers, hot dogs, chips, fruit, brownies, and drinks, we could eat then mill around the suite or sit in the bleacher area to focus on the game.  After dinner, a few of us ventured to the souvenir store, where I picked up a tee for me and a couple of Mariner's items for my man.

Back to the suite, where the game went on, and on, and on, Mariners losing at every turn.  Around ten we all skipped out on the final inning then walked two blocks to the nearest Krispy Kreme to squeeze ourselves back into the limo.  By the time we made it back to the lodge, it was after midnight; I then climbed into my car and made the 45 minute drive to home.  To keep myself awake, I called Michael and forced him to entertain me as I drove south with the window down and A/C up. 

Arriving home, I tumbled into bed about 1:30 am and fell asleep around 2am. Boom!  The alarm woke me up four hours later and I rose for work, stumbling toward the coffee pot.  It was a rough morning and continued to be a very rough day as my sleep depravity affected my ability to function. 

My pillow is calling me so here's to a wonderful evening of sleep rather than watching the poor Mariners lose so poorly to Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment