Monday, July 1, 2013

In Love and Warmth

It is apparent that summer is finally here!!  Heat in the nineties, gorgeous blue skies....love it!!   Also makes me thankful for an air conditioned home!

This last weekend was spent in Portland with Michael.  Saturday found us at T-Mobile getting new S4 smart phones....I've needed a new phone forever due the fact that my current cell can be very temperamental, turning off whenever it's in the mood.  The new phone is larger than normal but the size of the screen makes surfing the web much easier - no squinting required.

After the phone stop, we cruised to the Nike Employee Store in Beaverton.  My co-worker (thanks Andrea!) scored me a pass to this store, a place I'd never been.  When we arrived, we waited in line then checked in at the counter.  First off, the sales clerk looked at the pass and said "oh, we aren't using this anymore."  Huh?  She said there have been several copies of the card made; we explained that this actually came from their corporate department so it was good.  She turned and checked with a coworker, who said "yes, that coupon is good."  She wasn't happy with that answer so she immediately told Michael "You are wearing an Adidas shirt so you can't come in with that."  Michael said he'd turned his shirt inside out.   She then said "do you live in the same household?  You have to be partners or spouses living in the same household."  It was getting ridiculous. Michael ended up asking for a manager, who said if Michael turned his shirt inside out we could get in to the store.  OMG the process was ridiculous!! 

After going through all of that rigmarole, I expected the discount heavens to sing when we finally entered the store.  Unfortunately, it wasn't too be; perhaps I've been spoiled by the Nike Clearance Store in Centralia, where the prices are rock bottom.  Prices were okay but they didn't bowl me over.  In fact, after the drive, the heat, the parking, the interrogation, and the shirt change, we left the store with....nothing. 

Before leaving Beaverton, we stopped for a sandwich at Garibaldi's, which was a small Italian deli.  Veggie san for me and turkey for Michael; both were delicious but the size of the roll was about three times the size of the filling. 

Back to Gresham where we played with our new phones until dinner.  Saturday evening found us watching a Sandra Bullock movie "In Love and War."  I'd never seen it but casting Chris O'Donnell as Ernest Hemingway didn't actually ring true to me.  Sunday after breakfast we hit the Adidas outlet store in Troutdale, which offered much better deals than the Nike employee store and it wasn't as degrading. 

Returning home, my next tasks were to pick up groceries then I decided to get some sun.  I laid outside on my recliner then decided to clean and wash the car.  Very toasty but the water hose came in handy and dang if it didn't taste mighty fine.

Back to Monday this morning.....sigh....at least we still have the sun.  And three more days until vacation to the beach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment