Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Roses on Sunday

This last weekend was one of the busiest, enjoyable, and memorable I've had!   Michael and I took Portland by storm, enjoying every bit of the sunshine in the process.  While I'd love to focus on each piece individually, there has simply been no time for me to write at length about our adventures.  Therefore, it must be summed up as follows:

Friday night we enjoyed dinner at Nikolaus in Gresham, sitting outside and listening to jazz music flowing from a bar band down the street;

Saturday we picked up Jamba Juice then hit Dick Hannah for my car's maintenance, wandering the car parking lot while fending off hungry salesmen.  We then cruised on to Woodburn Outlet Mall to browse the shops.  After stopping at Sonic for lunch, Michael made a pit stop at an historic locks site then we headed toward Clackamas Promenade in search of a camera store. 

Unfortunately, Ritz Camera had gone bust but next to the empty shop there was a nails/waxing salon.  I've been so in need of a lip/chin/eyebrow wax so we popped in there to get that accomplished.  The nail gal took me into the back room, ripped my unruly hairs out of my face, then I returned to see Michael sharing food and shopping tips with a couple of the older ladies getting their nails done. 

After the wax incident, we drove to Mor Furniture as I'm in search of a new bed.  The beds were, of course, not in one section but scattered throughout the building so we had to walk all over in search of the perfect one.  It was similar to browsing the car lots earlier.  Finally deciding on one, I made my purchase, set up delivery, and we made our way for home, after stopping to pick up sandwiches at one of our favorite delis. 

Sunday we arose too early, cleaned up, then made our way to Walmart.  Our next stop was the Portland Saturday Market, where we wandered, gazed, wandered, browsed, and wandered some more.  We ate an early lunch of rice and barbecue (not so great) then hopped in the car in search of another camera store downtown.  Parking was a bitch!  We finally found a 15-minute spot, ran in, browsed quickly, then hopped in the car again.  Michael was then driving in pursuit of something, although I did not know what that was.  Surprise!  He had taken me to the Washington Park rose garden!  It was beautiful!!!  After picking up a proper garden hat in the rose store, we then ambled our way around the roses, snapping picture after picture.  The sun was glorious and the view was fantastic!  It was an excellent ending to a perfect weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment