Sunday, December 22, 2013

Of Love and Shopping

Another Sunday evening is approaching and once again my weekend has been jampacked!

I had to work late until 7pm on Friday, which didn't put me home until almost 8pm.  I arrived just in time to see once again I did not win $5,000 on Wheel of Fortune, of which I'm a card carrying member of the Wheel Watchers Club. 

Saturday morning I rose early then drove to Vancouver Mall to finish my Christmas shopping.  That mall was packed!!!  Wandering browsing, shopping, lugging purchases....by the time I left I was hot and sweaty.  Especially since I had to edge myself past all the kiddies and cranky parents in the Santa line, which was stretched to kingdom come. 

Continuing on I-205 South, I drove to see my Michael.  He met me outside and we completed a couple of errands before returning to his place.  It has been so long since I spent the night at his place and it was such a nice retreat from home. We watched movies, Just Cause (awesome) and Water for Elephants (no chemistry between Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson so for me it was just a so-so film.)

This morning we ate breakfast at Elmer's then I hit the road for home.  Stopping at Walmart, I picked up groceries for Christmas dinner along with a few more gift items for the boys. Arriving home, I whipped up a batch of Rich Bars, made with a cake mix, carmel, chocolate chips, and nuts.  While that was baking, I threw a roast into the crock pot then wrapped all my gifts.  On top of all that, I decided it was time to clean the aquarium!  Finally, I sat down to relax and watched Thelma and Louise. 

My Korean pot roast is done so it's time for dinner.  The following clip is one of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies, Love Actually.  This one is dedicated to you, my Michael.  For now and for always, Merry Christmas my love.


No comments:

Post a Comment