Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Wrap Up

The Thanksgiving holiday weekend was a jumble of activity.  Thursday Jordan, Sam and I enjoyed a nice dinner of turkey and sides before kicking back and watching movies.  Friday Sam took his rig in for a new water pump; I slept in then braved Target for a prescription.  Thankfully I missed the Black Friday melee but did pick up a DVD player for $19.99. 

Saturday found Sam and I visiting the auto office to license his car.  Unfortunately, the state system placed the car at a much, much higher value than what we paid so we were forced to stop in our tracks and return home to print off an appraisal.  The printer has been collecting dust; after two hours trying to hook it up to my laptop, we ended up saving the Edmunds appraisal on a flash drive, booking it to his friend's house to print, then rushing back to the licensing office with only a minute to spare in order to get the title in order.  Whew!  Another task off the list!

Sunday found me cleaning, organizing, and setting up some Christmas décor on the outside porch as well as inside.  Significantly cutting back, this year we are having a two-foot silver and blue tree sitting on a table in living room window as our Christmas tree.  It's just one of those years where none of us are in the mood to haul the numerous holiday goodies out of the attic and garage....it's going to be a simple year.

Last night Sam drove to Woodland with Jordan in tow meet with his supervisor and obtain keys for his new job.  Unfortunately, Jordan called to inform me that Sam actually began work which resulted in me, with Stubbs along for the ride, cruising to Woodland to pick up him.  We had a nice visit on our return ride.  I was happy to see Sam had made it home safe and sound this morning from his first shift.

My biggest regret so far of this holiday season?  I have not seen my Michael in two weeks!!!  Between both of us being sick along with the holiday, potential snow, and car tasks, we have been unable to connect in person.  Miss you Babe and can't wait for us to see each other very soon!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment