Sunday, October 19, 2014

Cash, Carry, Convention, and Claustrophobia!!!

There's one downside to keeping busy on the weekend - it makes my two days off from work go too fast!  On Saturday I cruised to the Oregon Convention Center to meet up with sister Eilene, who invited me to attend the Cash and Carry Christmas Convention, which was a show for wholesalers to purchase items, on the spot, for their stores.  Before entering, Eilene surprised me with a sweet necklace which included the label "Fabulous" with a high heel dangling from it.  So me!!

Eilene's pimp hat!
The show was bargain central  Lots of people and lots of booths, although the most prevalent wares were scarves and jewelry.  We wandered and browsed and I was lucky enough to purchase a few items for the wholesale price, since I was Eilene's guest.  A few chunky necklaces, earrings for my Halloween twenties outfit, a few discount scarves, and a camel sweater shrug.  The only downside to this event?  So many people and so little room in the booths; at one point I was doing the Dorf shuffle to squeeze between people and view items for sale.  Made for a hot, sweaty, and claustrophobic experience!

Done with the convention, our next stop was Cascade Station strip mall by the airport.  I rarely visit these stores because traffic always seems to be congested, which was again the case yesterday.  We made our way to Red Robin for lunch and catch up with each other.  Salad and wine for Eilene; french onion soup, turkey sandwich, and Malibu Rum and Diet Coke for me!
Yeah, she made me try it on

After lunch we walked over to DSW shoes then browsed Home Goods next door.  At that point Eilene's knee protested more walking so we both departed as she made her way home and I made my way to Vancouver Mall.  I've been in search of a sequined topper or shrug for my twenties outfit; alas, after wandering the mall I left empty-handed as there was nothing there that fit the bill.

After the mall I stopped by the Salmon Creek Goodwill; picked up a few items, but still no sequined top.  I'm resigned to the fact that I will have to sew it myself to get exactly what I need, so that will be today's task.

And now it's Sunday, which means cleaning, laundry, and preparing for the week ahead!  Here's to having a great week Divas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment