Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy 2015!!!

This New Year's had all the ingredients for being fantastic; unfortunately, I've been battling a cold/flu bug so that brought me down.

Steve picked me, along with Stubbs, up Wednesday morning and we cruised to his family's beachhouse, the "Husted Hilton" in Cannon Beach.  So lovely, very close to the beach with tons of windows.  Steve made us a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner of salmon and crab.  All was well until I threw up in the middle of the night (no, not from the food)!  New Year's Day we had breakfast out at the Lazy Susan, a cute little cafe with awesome food.  We then spent the day relaxing and watching the Oregon Ducks cream the opposing team.  

Friday arrived sooner than I thought and I continued to battle the cold.  Coughing, sneezing, and fever; Steve was such a trooper while I suffered through my sickness.  We arrived home Friday evening to visit with Jordan, who decided to move home, and Sam, who may also move back home. So much for my empty nest!!!

Today I've spent in bed, napping and watching television.  Right now I'm watching The Happening and sipping hot water with lemon and honey.  Here's to a healthier day tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment