Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy New Year's!!!

The holidays flew by
Can’t believe they are done
So packed full of excitement
And getting to see everyone

There was a potluck at work
Ugly sweaters galore
My peanut butter pie on the menu
And everyone screamed for more

That night was for the girls
When at Janel’s we did meet
Ornaments, tacos, and laughs
Ending with desserts so sweet

In full force came the Shepard’s
For the annual party so great
Potluck, piñata, and pictures
With Steve along as my date

Thirty or more family members
Ate ham, tamales, and sweets
Drawing numbers for the gift game
Hoping for a present beyond neat

Arriving home after the party
In front of my eyes did appear
But from Nebraska my son Jordan
So awesome it made my eyes tear

Wednesday found me celebrating
Christmas Eve with Steve’s clan
Prime rib, potatoes and pie
Gifted Chanel perfume from my man

Christmas morning was a trio
Just Sam, Jordan and me
Celebrating our blessings
Beneath my little silver tree

That day my eye began to water
Turned red, swollen, and itch
Allergy medicine could not fix it
The pain was a real bitch

But nothing would stop me
From cooking the holiday meal
Homemade clam chowder on the menu
No time for my eye to heal

Christmas night was an evening
Watching movies with my boys
Hanging out eating cookies
And making lots of noise

Now the holiday is over
And New Year’s is at our reach
Can’t wait for the 31st to get here
Since with Steve I’ll be at the beach

This Diva hopes your festivities
Made a memory for you so dear
Hoping you have a great 2015
And a fabulous New Year’s!!  









No comments:

Post a Comment