Saturday, June 2, 2018

Seafood, Shortcake and Swearing

Thursday Jordan, Candy, Sam and I held a belated birthday dinner for Jordan's 25th. We met up at Red Lobster and it was yummy, although the service was a bit slow. They even brought ice cream out for Jordy as we all sang happy birthday.

After dinner Sam and I stopped at Fred Meyers. It was my turn for Friday treat day at work so figured I would whip up strawberry shortcake. And by whip up I mean slicing berries, adding store-bought glaze, and purchasing Franz shortcake cups.  It was a big hit at work.

Friday after work I got my reel restrung then hit the Cowlitz. All was going fine until I got snagged and had to cut my line. Damn reel did not behave after that and ended up so tangled that, after a few choice swear bombs in the mode of my father, I gave up and returned home. I normally laugh things off but I was in a mood last night.

Today I fixed the reel and am ready to return to the scene of the swearing to land me a steelhead.  Will have to make my way through a family of geese who think the river spot is theirs, including the boat launch where they poop. Ugh. Am taking Lake Guy with me so he can see where I try to catch my limit.

Sunday we may go back to Willow Grove if I'm feeling it. I love fishing but somebody better step up their game and widen our variety of activities. I been there done that with the fishing obsessed and this diva ain't playing that game again. 😡

Uh oh sounds like I may have another swear fest moment!!


No comments:

Post a Comment