Monday, May 28, 2018

Holiday Weekend and Willow Grove

Fishing has been on the forefront this holiday weekend.

First off, half day Fridays for the summer started last week, which was so awesome! Saturday I spent fishing on the Cowlitz - no bites but was enjoyable. Lost two spinners but wound up finding a large lure so it was a wash in the end.

Sunday Lake Guy (LG) and I went to Willow Grove early to try our luck. The weather was sunny but looks were deceiving. I wore leggings, t-shirt and light jacket and froze my patootie off! Plus no fish for either of us.

Today I was up at 4:50 am - WTH? Obviously dreams of the big salmon or steelhead were on my mind. I called LG to get him up and we headed out to Willow again. This time I wore leggings, tshirt, fleece pullover and a vest to keep out the chill.

Quite a few fishermen there today.  We ended up chatting with a newbie; LG spent some time schooling him on the ins and outs of river fishing. Just as he's been helping me to learn, he was happy to help this guy who didn't have a clue what to do.  LG ended up getting a Chinook but unfortunately it had the back fin so wasn't a keeper. No bites for me or either of us so we went home empty handed.


Ended up getting home and took a nap. That fishing is hard work!

I'm also on the tail end stages of a cold sore. Such a drag!!! Been slathering it with ointment for the past 5 days and I'm ready for it to be gone!!

Been watching Netflix and Amazon movies on my phone. Tonight I watched a documentary titled "Alison" about a South African woman who in 1995 was raped, stabbed, throat cut, and disemboweled but who still survived.  Made her way to the road holding her neck and stomach together where she was found and taken to the hospital.  Identified her attackers, went through court, and put them in prison. Just an awe inspiring story of a woman's strength and miracles in action.

Tomorrow is Monday, er Tuesday once again. Gonna be a short week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment