Monday, May 21, 2018

Fishing and Frying

Yesterday was awesome!

In the morning I met Lake Guy at his house and we headed to Willow Grove to do some salmon/steelhead fishing on the Columbia. He hadn't been to Willow Grove for a few years since his best friend passed. They were diehard fishing buddies and he misses his camaraderie and humor. When we got there, he set up our very large and lengthy poles, including a bell on the end to notify us when a fish was taking a bite. He brought out his best friend's bell, which he hadn't used yet, and clipped it on his pole. It was so sweet yet so sad that I ended up having a moment. Thankfully I had my sunglasses on so he was none the wiser when my eyes were leaking.

I had dressed warm but the sun came out so I shucked off my sweatshirt and was stuck with a long sleeve shirt. Did not want to deal with a farmer's tan so had him slice the sleeves off with his filet knife. No half sleeve tan but did wind up with burned arms, neck and nose.

Lake Guy wound up reeling in a very hefty steelhead. I on the other hand had one hit but didn't land a single fish.

We stayed out there several hours, came home, then ran out to Kress Lake late afternoon to try our luck there. What do you know but this diva landed the first and only fish we caught! Paled in comparison to his catch but was still a keeper!


It was a great day not only to fish but to get to chat to know each other better. Only issue I had was figuring out a way to conceal my clown red nose this morning as I prepped for work!




No comments:

Post a Comment