Sunday, May 6, 2018

Good Scores and Old Scores

I think my pheromones must be in overdrive.  Last Sunday I received texts from not one, not two, but three men I briefly dated, asking to see me. Pass - when I move on, I move on. Then yesterday I received a nice call from an old beau from many years ago. We didn't date long but when he moved to Florida then New York we stayed friends. He wound up marrying a gal with whom he had gone to elementary school and now lives in Texas.  Then this morning I awoke to a Facebook message from a high school classmate saying "hello and looking good." He also looked at and liked a ton of my pictures.  Weird!  So strange to have these dudes getting in touch with me all at once.

Saturday afternoon I spent some time with Jordan and Candy. They have a new virtual reality video game so I decided to play. So much fun and oddly realistic. Jordan had me wear earbuds to add to the fun. First off was a luge game then an ocean with shark attacks. I was freaking out!! Through the headphones I could hear Jordan saying "you okay Mom?"  Thankfully I lived through it!

Next stop was Home Depot where I was browsing hardware, electrical parts, and bits and pieces for my reclaimed metal art. Ended up running into another very brief beau whom I think of as emoji texting man. Too late to hide in another aisle so had to suffer through a hug and niceties.  As I turned to depart he bellowed "You still have my number so call me if you want." Ugh. Just as I suspected he text me last night around 11pm to say "Hi, pretty young thing - can't stop thinking about that hug."  Give it up!!  (Again, coming out of the woodwork!)

After Home Depot on to my friend Marie's house for a quick visit than over to Lake Guy's house to visit followed by dinner. We were again supposed to go fishing this morning but he again had to go into work. Bummer.

However we did get to see each other briefly today.  He had a washer and dryer that had been given to him by a neighbor. Sam was in need of each so Lake Guy picked me up and we delivered it to Sam.  Good score!

He also delivered to me a new craft project - a newspaper vending machine. Yes it's something odd but it's going to become something marvelous!


This morning I whipped up a Batman metal art project. Gave it to Sam and he was pretty happy with it.

And here it is Sunday
afternoon. Did I clean my ever present messy room? Nah although there's still time to dig in. I make no promises!


No comments:

Post a Comment