Thursday, May 17, 2018

Lilacs at Lunchtime

Mother's Day weekend was pretty jam packed.

Saturday night Sam and I hit the local dive bar where my coworker runs the karoke stand.  Both Sam and I took a couple of turns singing our favs - Crazy by Patsy Cline and Folsom Prison Blues for me along with a Seether (I think) song and another one that I  clueless about for Sam.  I'd have to say we both did pretty well!


Sunday morning Jimmy and Sam took me to breakfast and gifted me a flower basket along with a phone speaker. Cool gifts as long as I remember to water the plant.

Sunday afternoon it was off to Jordan's for dinner. I was still full so snacked on brownies fresh from the oven.  More gifts came in the way of a shoe decor coffee mug and a ceramic shoe with notepad and pen.  The highlight was watching Jordan imitate a Russian Jersey Shore type guy. He killed it.

This week I started eating salads. Pretty much cabbage salad with chicken and brown rice.  I used to eat that all the time and dropped some pounds so I'm returning to that diet, along with lots of water, to kick start my summer.

Still hanging with the Lake Guy, who is busier than I am!

Cut my bangs this morning. Always try to grow them out but they drive me crazy!!  Works for me and that's what counts.

Writing this on my lunch break so it's a short one. Sitting on my back porch eating my salad and smelling my lilacs which are in full bloom!! One of my favorite fragrances!

No comments:

Post a Comment