Sunday, April 14, 2019

Cubicle, Cats, and Steven Hill

Another weekend has come to an end .

Last week received an increase at work. Nothing major but every little bit helps. Sad news was we lost one of our co-workers but we wish him well. Unexpected good news is I snagged his old cubicle . Nope, don't let moss grow under these heels! Cubicle is much bigger and has three windows with a better view so I wasted no time transfering my items over to it. Looks pretty good once my decor and pics were set up.


Saturday Steve came to visit. That morning we discovered a beautiful gray cat hanging out on my front porch napping on my wicker sofa. No collar so ended up posting her pic on a neighborhood Facebook site. Later in the afternoon a gal who lives a few houses away stopped by to pick her up. Apparently she was babysitting her mom's dog so the cat snuck over to my place for some peace and quiet. 

Last night while Steve watched "The Cowboys" (and reciting the dialogue as he's seen it so many times), I continued to watch the original Mission Impossible series on my phone. Was one of Mom's favs and so it's been enjoyable to watch and linger down memory lane.  The first season had one of my favorite actors, Steven Hill, as the lead. He was so young! Only knew of him as the Chief D.A. from Law & Order and here he was in his prime. Had to read his backstory - he was an Orthodox Jew who followed the Sabbath, which meant no work from Friday at sundown to Saturday at dusk. Apparently that caused a work problem so his part became smaller and smaller until he was just listening to the tape before it self-destructed and that was it for him in the episode. The second season he was replaced by Peter Graves.




Today after stopping at my work to prepare my taxes (yes, queen of procrastination) I arrived home to find another cat hanging out on my porch. Beautiful, all black fur baby with again no collar. Took a pic but she must have had her fill as when I checked later she was gone. Is this a sign I'm becoming a cat lady? Do these felines simply possess a sixth sense and know when the time has come to begin seeking out poor, over 50 single gals to adopt and make their own? Dammit, I vow to fight their influx and will continue to resist the cat lady premonition they appear to be delivering!

Painted my nails again tonight. This has become an ongoing habit; just about every three days the polish is drug out, Pinterest is scanned, and new artwork is laden upon my short nails. Have to admit it's relaxing but my little stubbs are taking a beating from the acetone.



Let's make this week memorable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment