Sunday, May 26, 2019

Bread and Braids

Continued on my domestic goddess spree today by making twice baked potatoes then whipped up a homemade loaf of French bread. Bread looks absolutely yummy perfection!!


When the bread was rising, I took off my nail polish, filed, then slathered my fingers with lotion and pushed back the cuticles.  As the bread was baking I painted my nails. Nothing like multitasking!

Today also tried a new trick with my hair - braid with a scarf intertwined.  Kept it out of my way during all my domestic activities.


The little neighbor girl, Maisey, was outside visiting with me as the bread baked. Ended up cutting a bouquet of lilacs and told her to give them to her mom. She seemed pretty happy with that idea. Makes me think back to being a child and bringing my mom home some flowers, probably with a few weeds mixed in, just to give her a smile.

The other day cousin Beth posted this picture of her son Emmett. This pic is the epitome of childhood - full, happy, and sprawled out in the sun ready for a nap. You don't realize how carefree those moments were in childhood until you grow up and wistfully look back on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment