Saturday, January 11, 2020

Potpourri of Hodgepodge

Stopped at Walmart to pick up a few groceries which ended up wandering the aisles. Of course had to take a look at the the last bit of Christmas clearance, especially since it was 90% off.

Along with a few rolls of 25 cent wrapping paper, picked up a lighted ornamental tree for $2. Wasnt sure what I was going to use it for but knew I'd figure out something.

Ended up taping it to a lamp base and stuck it in the corner behind the couch. Doesnt look too bad although I'm not sold on the lamp base. Set it up with a timer to come on in the evenings. When it didn't shut off last night, realized my ability to set up timers is lacking so unplugged and will tackle the problem today.


Received an Ulta gift card for Christmas so stopped by there last weekend to use it. Along with clearance lip gloss, grabbed a Diva peel and stick fingernail polish packet. Tried them out - very easy to apply. It's now been a week - no chips and still held in place. Pretty impressed.


The news says we are coming into a snowstorm next week. My fingers are crossed it doesnt happen or it's just a dusting.


Every morning for some mysterious reason, when 3am hits I'm awake. WTF?  Picked up a bottle of Sleep vitamin and melatonin mix to see if that would help me cruise through the night peacefully.  Been trying it for three days and guess what?  Still waking up at 3am. However, it has helped me to fall back into slumber faster.
Am I the only one who has been seeing these infomercial blurbs everywhere about the miracle control top underwear? Definitely oversaturated!  Kudos to the actors they use who bare all of their saggy tummies to show the before and after effect of the long-line underwear.


Was so inspired with Steve sister Teri's waldorf salad at Christmas that I'm going to make it today. Had been ages since I'd eaten it and have been thinking about it ever since. Apples, walnuts, and celery oh my!

May your weekend be just as sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment