Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day 2020

Holiday weekend has been fairly uneventful which is actually a good thing. Highlight of the weekend was when the stars aligned and was able to meet both boys for dinner Saturday night.

We met at Parker's in Castle Rock. Sam showed up and shortly after by Jordan, Candy and their 5-year old grandaughter Haylie. Of course we had to order the seafood fondue which is to die for.  Was a great dinner and I love seeing Jordan and Sam spar with one another. They crack me up!  They both traded hats for the pics - Jordan's newsboy hat with Sam's baseball hat.  Jordan is definitely not a baseball hat person but really rocks the vintage styles.






Yesterday morning directed Susan's grandkids in how to paint acrylic pour art.  Made me realize how happy I an that my kids are grown.  Back in the day people would say what I great teacher I would make based upon my parent's profession.  Teaching those kids reaffirmed my decision to not be surrounded by children every day!!

Last night Stubbs was brave enough to  check out the visiting deer across the street.  For an old guy he's got a lot of spunk.



Purchased a large canvas for 99 cents at Goodwill and today will be doing my own pour painting on it. Then it will be the countdown to Thursday afternoon to sister's weekend at the beach.  Cannot wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment