Monday, January 4, 2021

Hello 2021

Spending New Year's at the beach was relaxing. Wandered antique shops in Astoria, browsed Warrenton Goodwill, and  downtown Seaside, which was just a few steps away from the hotel. The Kathryn Riverfront Hotel was scenic, cozy, and included a balcony and fireplace.  No dine-in restaurants so ate to-go seafood in the room.  Took my partner in crime Viking so even received a kiss at midnight! 

View from hotel

Ilwaco marina decor

Friday adventured to Long Beach on the very rainy day.  Wandered downtown first in search of a bathroom because I had to go and it was not going to be in a Honey Bucket!  Stopped off at public restroom #1 - locked.  Public restroom #2 - locked. C'mon!  Asked a cashier in a souvenir shop and she pointed us to a restaurant or bakery as if they served food there had to be a restroom.

Made it to the bakery and I spied with my floating eye an open restroom!  Yay!  Ran in there, locked the door, and began to unbuckle my belt when I saw there was no toilet paper!  Dammit! The gods were working against me!  Pants up, opened the door and hollered to the doughnut gal, with sweaty desperation, "Do you have any tissue?" She tossed me a roll and it was smooth sailing from there! Whew!

Crisis over, we hopped back in the truck (well, truth be told, after we picked up a bag of bakery delights) and made our way first to Ocean Park then Oysterville, trading childhood stories along the way. We did find another antique store which was huge and thus sucked us in for way too long.  Didn't make it home until later evening where we indulged ourselves with Chinese food.

Oysterville


Saturday night showered then rolled my damp hair in a "bun maker' which I don't typically use.  OMG talk about curl central! Once I tamed it have to say it was pretty cute. This technique is going to be added to my arsenal of hair tricks.

Weird hair bun wrap

Wrap = Wow!

The first weekend of 2021 was pretty much one of relaxation, bonding with Stubbs, and cleaning my room.  Also spent time with Jimmy and Sam catching up. 


Now it's Monday and back to work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment