Sunday, January 31, 2021

New Journey Around the Sun Begins!

A big Happy Birthday to twin brother Todd and me on January 30!  Wow...can't believe we are 57!!  Yikes!  At least I only feel 37!


Primed for my birthday by taking two webinars on Thursday and Friday from 6am to 3pm. Yes, 6am!  It was Central time so there you go!  Thursday night had Abbie the hair goddess color and style my hair. Decided to get a bob/lob style as it just hasn't had a real style in awhile, especially when it's in a pony all the time.  She added some more blonde and it turned out bellisima!!

Friday after work Viking visited and we ran a few errands. Viking gifted me with a sweet silver bracelet along with a TON of acrylic paint his mom was no longer using.  We stopped at Big Lots and I found a three shelf organizer to store my paints.  My current process is all my paints in a large bag and I'm forced to dig for the right color.  This will make my painting life much easier.

At 6pm joined Stan/Susan for dinner at Teri's restaurant.   The front had plastic screening and we were seated inside by the front door with a small heater.  Damn it was cold!  Viking ran back to the car and grabbed me his jacket which I used as a blanket.  Great meal which we finished off with a surprise deluxe cupcake from Susan.  Also tried a Teritini, which was a mix of vanilla vodka, kahlua, butterscotch, and cream.  So icy cold and tasty it beckoned for a second round and I happily surrendered!

Spent the evening watching Doris Day in Calamity Jane. Songs were vaguely familiar (and not as well written) as Annie Get Your Gun. Sure nuf when I looked it up Wikipedia said it was made following that blockbuster.  Cute movie though.

Went to dinner with Sam on Saturday. We decided on Porky's Public House.  Porky's installed a rollup garage door, a tent, and enrobed all outdoor space in plastic.  I had come prepared with layers and jacket but there were so many heaters the coat had to be shed!!  Described the Teritini to the waitress; they made a flavorful attempt but the original was better. Sam and I also toasted my birthday with a tequila shot!

Here's my attempt at a recipe. 

Ingredients

  • 1.5 ounces Butterscotch Schnapps
  • 1.5 ounces Kahlua
  • 1.5 ounces Vanilla Vodka
  • 1.5 ounces half and half (the recipes I found showed Bailey's but I don't think that was used in the Teritini)
  • 2 maraschino cherries

Instructions

  • Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour liquor and cream into the shaker.
  • Shake to combine. Pour over ice in cocktail glasses, serve as shots, or serve as a martini. Or throw a straw in the shaker as that'll do!! 😉
  • Top cocktails with maraschino cherries.  Enjoy!


Dinner done, we stopped by Jordan and Candy's.  They gifted me with a canvas, frame, slippers, and more paints!  They also served me a sweet little chocolate dessert that was sublime.  Arriving back home, spent the evening sorting and organizing my paints while watching Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.


Today picked Sam up from Jimmy's, who gave me the most perfect cup. He said it screamed me and I have to agree.  

After dropping off Sam, hit Goodwill and found a few 99 cent specials along with the following shirt which is definitely in the running to be christened "The Ugliest Shirt of All Time!"  I wanted to add a note to it saying "You are better than this!  Do Not Buy!" but cha know some sad soul will!

Went to Walmart for groceries, ate Teri restaurant leftovers for dinner and am now watching The Girl, which is a movie based on Tippi Hedren, Alfred Hitchcock, and the making of The Birds which ironically I watched last week.  Serious Me Too issues Tippi experienced with Hitch.

May you all have a fabulous week!  Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment