Sunday, January 17, 2021

Highwaymen, Hitchcock and Holiday

Viking came to visit Friday. He wanted to see the Toutle River and I was happy to serve as tour guide, perhaps due to the fact that's where I snag my painting rocks.  Without being asked, he even grabbed a bag to help grab rocks for my latest artistic outlet. He's a good man!



Next stop was Michael's for more paint (and browse the 80% off clearance) then Bob's Sporting Goods in search of fish lure paint for Viking.  While he looked, I wandered and stumbled upon a $2.99 blue spiked collar for Stubbs.

Grabbed Chinese food to go from Yan's then back to the house to eat and watch The Highwaymen with Kevin Coster - great flick. Followed that up with one of my fav's Hitchcock's The Man Who Knew Too Much.  


Been sending sister Erin rock art when she mentioned she'd love to have a bullfight painting with yellow and red. Of course that got my imagination going. After running errands in the morning, returned home Saturday and began to paint and binge Hitchcock - Psycho, Saboteur, The 39 Steps. Even watched All About Eve since had that on my mind since painting the Bette Davis rock.



Finished Erin's painting today, then sealed a Rosalind Russell rock, painted a Carol Channing rock, then created a Rear Window rock.  My attempt was to paint Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart; unfortunately they wound up looking like Mae West and Peter Lorre.  Have decided to label it "in the spirit of" Rear Window in order to maintain my pride!





Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Monday so I will be spending my time studying for the test for the last CRM course I finished on Friday.  Will be completely done with the classes, studying, and tests for the certification around February 15 and cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment