Monday, July 10, 2023

Cart, Color, Crow, and Courgettes

Manny and I celebrated the 4th with Arlene and Luna in Castle Rock. Gorgeous, sunny day, great lunch, spent time in the river, and even took a tour riding in Arlene's golf cart!

Manny hanging on for dear life

Posing in the glorious garden

Hi Luna!



The three amigos

Sister love ❤️ 





Made vegan brownies for Luna using applesauce, dark cocoa and no eggs or butter - even topped it with freeze-dried figs and oranges bought from the Farmer's Market. Surprisingly, they turned out yummy - much better than I expected. 


Here's a video of Arlene cart cruising.


Arlene sent us home with zucchini so I stuffed a couple for dinner then whipped up two loaves of zucchini bread along with banana muffins.




We've been supplying the Blue Jay's lately with peanuts.  We sprinkle some right by our outside chairs - those birds are fearless when it comes to grabbing shells right by our feet.




There have also been a few more visitors to the house in search of goodies, including George the fat crow and a cute little squirrel.





I've been continuing on my step challenge, making good progress.  On Sunday I took a long walk (over 10,000 steps!) going over both bridges and up a very steep hill.  As I finished over the second bridge, what did I run into but a werewolf perched high in a tree.  Pretty weird. And someone made quite the effort to get a roaring monster so elevated.






Last week had an appointment with Abbie, my hair expert. Toying with the idea of going grey but decided I needed a little more oomph. She added in very light highlights, keeping a good portion of the gray so it would blend. She also weaved in a few purplish pink strands which is just enough sass.






Been on a Watergate kick lately. Watched All The President's Men again then moved on to The White House Plumbers on Max and finished it all binging Gaslit on Starz with Julia Roberts as Martha Mitchell along with Sean Penn as John Mitchell (absolutely incredible makeup job!)




That is Sean Penn on the left believe it or not!




Starting last Friday, I'm on vacation - woo hoo! Scheduled my eye exam for today and my mammogram for Thursday to get those out of the way.  We are definitely going to stay at the beach!! I need some sea therapy!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment