Sunday, July 30, 2023

Glass, Metal, and Chicken Piccata

Most recent project was a new (to me) dining room table.  Manny's old one was just hideous and I was looking on Facebook Marketplace for a metal/glass one to go with the rest of my decor.  And I found one - for $25!

Ran over on my lunch break to pick it up from a three-story house!  Ugh. Thankfully the husband and wife were able to help me lug the heavy chairs, table, and the weighty glass to the rig and fit it all in.

Manny (at first not so happy to part with his table) tore his down and we packed it in the garage, although my secret wish was to drown it in gas and strike a match. We then unloaded the new table. Only downside was the acorn/pine cone print  on the seats. Dug through my fabric stash and found a large gold tablecloth that fit the bill especially since the table had gold accents.

Manny unscrewed the seats, I ripped off the cloth and stapled the new fabric, and Manny screwed them on. Really turned out fabulous! Today hit up Joann's for 80% off flowers, brought them home and stuck in one of my painted vases.  First in perfectly with my metal and glass end and coffee tables.



The stepping contest at work is now over but my walking workouts have continued. Last Sunday walked 4.5 miles and ended the day with over 10,000 steps!  Didn't win the contest but still walking as I've lost ten pounds!  With the weather so warm we've been visiting Willow Grove frequently so swimming in the river has been another active outlet.



Recently put together a family canvas for Manny's daughter Monica's birthday. We met up with her at her daughter's soccer game in Kalama last Friday and she loved it. Nothing makes me feel better than to make someone smile.



Pleased to report that my workload has become more manageable - haven't worked Saturday or Sunday for a couple of weeks now.  Currently in a jubilant mood due to the blue skies and 80 degree temperatures. Summer is my favorite season!!  Go outside in the morning to feed the Blue Jay's peanuts, replenish the bird feeders, and add some critter food to the tree for mama, papa, and baby squirrel.  Our front yard is becoming a nature reserve!!

Was watching Beat Bobby Flay and one of the contestant's signature dish was Chicken Piccata. Hmmm, had never made this before so figured now was the time! Found via Pinterest Giada DeLaurentis' recipe, picked up capers and olive salad for inclusion, then whipped it up. Tasted fabulous!!



Okay, okay Monday you are right around the corner! Keep your pants on and I'll deal with you tomorrow!!  Have a great week my divas!











No comments:

Post a Comment