Sunday, July 16, 2023

Vacation One for the Books!

Busy vacation week!  Weather is fabulous, including a 90 degree day, which meant several trips to Willow Grove.

Ended up having to buy two tires for the rig as the front driver-side tire was so bald it made Telly Savalas jealous!  Dropped the SUV off to Walmart for tires and oil change then we walked to Pancake House for breakfast. Pancake House is a favorite among the locals; they offer tasty, reasonably- priced food and the staff are always friendly.  Manny enjoyed  the hot cocoa!

Took my time off to see the optometrist for my annual exam. Boom! Eyes are getting better so my contact prescription went from 150 to 125. Also fit in my annual mammogram. Boom! All clear!!

Thursday we cruised to Cannon Beach to have lunch with Jay, Linda, and Luna.  Sat outside in the sun at Wayfayer's and the food was fantastic. Started things off with a cold brew martini then had clam chowder along with a salad of roasted beets, pickled salmon, and herbed cheese.  Linda gifted me an earring and necklace set - so lovely I couldn't resist putting them on and wearing them the rest of the day!


After lunch, Manny and I headed to Seaside to wander the Promenade and people watch. Stopped for a drink at Shilo then continued our window shopping.

Downtown done we stopped first at Nike as I needed a new pair of fresh walking shoes.  Surprisingly, found nothing.  Went on to Rack Room and picked up two pairs of New Balance buy one get one half off sale. Score! Wore my first new pair for a long walk yesterday and they passed the comfy, cushy test.



Bubbles!



Twinning!

Friday stocked up on groceries and decided to make Bobby Flay's pickled red onions, which he seems to make on every gosh darn episode of Beat Bobby Flay.  Vinegar, sugar, lime juice and grenadine mixed with red onion turned out a yummy accompaniment to just about anything. Ended up making a creamy cucumber and pickled onion salad which had a nice bite.




Also on Friday babysat Jordan and Candy's precious cat Luna, or Lulu as she is also known. Eazy peezy watching her!



Went on a longer walk yesterday and crossed over both Kelso bridges. Had to stop and take a photo of the amazing reflection of the larger bridge on the Cowlitz River. Isn't that incredible?!




Sis Julie sent me a pic of cactus painted rocks and it inspired me so that I whipped up a batch today.



Tomorrow is Monday which means the end of my vacation. 😪  Not looking forward to a million emails and project backlog!!  Regardless, let's all have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment