Monday, March 11, 2013

Bad Hair and Boutique

Friday found me heading south to Michael's for the weekend.  We hit a few stores, had lunch together, then he waited patiently while my nails were filled.  We then spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

Saturday found us up bright and early to meet his family for breakfast.  I skipped washing my hair, which was a major mistake.  Even though I hit it with the straightener, it felt thick, product-filled, and just was not behaving.  Ugh.  On top of that I couldn't decide what to wear - black pants, knee high boots, with sparkly top or throw on jeans, Adidas, and jacket.  The sneaks won out, especially since my hair was not in its best form and matched the tennis shoes best.

Meeting at Elmer's, we caught up with Michael's mom along with three of his siblings.  I had the best egg white vegetarian omelet...yummy!  Gonna have to make this at home.  Breakfast over, we then made our way to Stevenson, home of sister Eilene's new boutique, Lizette.  Tres chic, it held women's fashion, bras, purses, jewelery and hats.  Hidden in the back was a little coffee house deli, not part of Eilene's business but cute just the same.  All the boutique needed was a hair salon and it would be a one-stop shop!













It was apparent Eilene has come into her own with the new boutique.  I can't think of any better place to spend my days than a retail corner where one can purchase fashion at wholesale prices!  I'm proud of you sis!!

After Stevenson we headed back to Portland where we wandered around more than one Whole Foods just browsing for organic items.  We then had dinner at Cascade Station, browsed some more, then made our way home to rest our feet.  It had been a long day but as always we had a great time together!

Yesterday morning my bags were packed and I returned home, laundry in  mind to prepare for the coming workweek.  However, that was sidetracked while Sam and I watched the movie "Sinister" and I took a cat nap. 

Now here it is Monday.  With the Spring Ahead time change, I feel as if I'm still recovering from my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment