Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bobs and Zits

I'm not sure where the weekends go....seems like it was just Friday now I've skipped through my days off along with Monday and here it is Tuesday once again.  Sigh. 

Last week I had a follow-up appointment with my doctor, during which time I pointed out a small red patch under my nose. After examining the patch closely, she then diagnosed me with adult acne! Oh for Pete's sake! I've got menopause knocking on my door and now I have adult acne under my nose! Thankfully she was able to prescribe me a gel in order to remove the zit gang under my nose.

I don't remember what occurred on Friday or Saturday, other than watching Zero Dark Thirty (mucho waterboarding.)  Sunday Michael and I spent the whole day at the local mall.  Yes, the Kelso Mall...the one that echos, the one that now contains a sole food vendor along with a coffee/cookie shop, and the mall that includes not five or six anchor stores but simply two - JC Penney and Macy's.  Our first stop was Regis; I wasn't able to get in with my regular hairdresser but I was determined to get my hair colored and cut so Regis fit the bill.  Fortunately, there was no wait and they got me right in.


Modern Short Bob Haircut
Bob like this only darker
Although my plan was to grow my hair longer, my locks seemed to hit a plateau.  In addition, the front wasn't growing as quickly as the back so it had become, sad to say, a mullet.  Yes, not a good look for a Diva such as myself.  After looking through pictures and getting Michael's opinion, I decided on a bob. Classic yet spunky. 

Trisha was my stylist.  After describing to her the result I desired, she mixed up the bowls of color and set to work.  During this time, Michael sat by my side on his computer while the hours upon hours dwindled on.  Once the color was finished, Trish then cut my hair into a concave bob with the front longer.  It turned out very stylish, although she was a bit heavy-handed on the light brown in my hair.  I went in very blond and came out lightish brown.  After a few shampoos this should lighten up and the blond will poke through.  Trisha then spent a considerable amount of time drying my thicker than thick hair and straightening it.  Michael scored me a discount by flipping Trisha a copy of the new Justin Timberlake CD - good move babe!

After my color and cut, Michael, with the patience of Job, suggested I continue on my day of beauty and get my nails filled.  God bless my man who could sit through all the girl talk and chitter chatter with a smile on his face.  Thankfully the manicurist quickly whipped out my nails so we could finally go home and relax...about five hours after we started for the day!  There is something about sitting in a chair all day that can really wear a person out! 







No comments:

Post a Comment