Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Recap and Second Place

The weekend was wonderful.  Saturday found me cruising to the Centralia Outlet Mall with sister Julie and stepmom Arlene for some window shopping along with lunch.  It was a great visit and one we will have to repeat again in the near future!

Jube, Arlene and Diva during our shopping fest
Once home, I snuck in a 45-minute brisk walk before Michael showed up.  We enjoyed a quiet evening, slept in on Sunday, did a little grocery shopping, then home for another relaxing evening.

Today, the Biggest Loser contest at work concluded and I came in second to a well-deserving co-worker Bobby.  I lost a total of 21 pounds (8.4%) - yippee, but the race is still on for my team as well as myself.  We will continue walking, climbing stairs, and hitting the pavement to rid ourselves of unnecessary poundage.  We celebrated today with a Mexican lunch; however, instead of gorging myself with cheese, guacamole and sour cream, I instead indulged in prawns and veggies with only a bit of rice thrown in for good measure.  And of course a few chips and beans.  It was a nice interim celebration but I'm looking forward to a big party when we all hit our long-term goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment