Sunday, March 31, 2013

Toilet, Ten Commandments, and The Girls

Lena Dunham as Hannah
Last week was stress-filled for this Diva, so much so that I left work early on Friday due to a stomachache from Thursday night that insisted on lingering on during work.   I spent Friday afternoon and Saturday morning watching the full two seasons of The Girls, thanks to a free Watchathon marathon On Demand.  It is a Sex in the City with women in their mid-twenties.  So entertaining and the lead character, neurotic Hannah, hit some hot spots that have been going on in my life.  Lena Dunham, the show's creator, director, writer and producer, is beyond brave. She's a bit chubby but has no problem baring it all as her character engaged in sex with a variety of men.  Extremely witty and humorous but unfortunately with no subscription to HBO these will be my only two seasons to watch.

Saturday afternoon I spent on the phone with my Michael as he walked me through fixing my toilet.  The thing was running on and on and driving me absolutely batty!  My over-the-commode cabinet had to be removed in order that I could properly view the tank so my first step was to unload and disassemble it.  Then, I ran back and forth between the boy's toilet so I could view how a tank should properly run.  As Michael patiently guided me through the fix, I turned the water off, on, flushed numerous times, and tried to describe what was happening in the tank.  Finally, after turning the balloon a few times, the tank filling subsided and the problem was fixed!!  Such a great feeling to hear absolutely nothing after flushing. 

Following this accomplishment, I made crock pot macaroni and cheese, a recipe found on my beloved Pinterest, then whipped together a sugar-free pudding dessert that is a big hit in my household. 

Last night Michael and I spent several hours on the phone as we watched all five hours of The Ten Commandments.  Although I had seen bits and pieces of it, I had never actually watched the whole movie, a fact Michael could hardly believe.  Thus he insisted it had to be seen.  Jordan joined in when he came home; at one point I had to make a cup of coffee because a movie at night running past 9pm usually induces a sleep coma.  But I made it through and it was worth it.

This morning the kitchen was on my list to clean then my little Stubbs and I went for a walk, which was a first.  The furry guy is so tiny that I was afraid he wouldn't be able to keep up with me.  Leash intact, we proceeded to the park; at one point, I let him loose and he behaved like a champ.  It wasn't until we were on our way home that he tuckered out, jumping up and down so he could be carried.  Which of course I did and justified by classifying him as my extra hand weight load.

Arriving home, Jordan offered his help and we organized and cleaned the garage, freeing up additional space, tossing garbage, and sweeping.  My next project was the front porch, moving a bench, adding summer chairs, and in general tidying up. 

My hands are dirty but the weather is sunny so there are no complaints from me today.  Welcome spring and I look forward to many more blue-skied days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment