Monday, June 17, 2013

Cough Then Cry


For the last few weeks I’ve been battling this cold/allergy smackdown and it’s getting undeniably old.  This weekend an unbearable cough set in along with bouts of puking.  Monday morning brought me up and ready to face a work day; however, during my commute brought continued coughing rages along with significant urinary leakage.  Arriving to work (and leaving a pee spot on the car seat) the bathroom was my first pit stop.  Once I got into my office it was apparent the coughing and leaking would not be subsiding; in order to maintain my dignity and not bestow a perfume of eau de ammonia around my co-workers, it was best that I hit the road for home.  Either that or spread a layer of kitty litter on the seat of my office chair, which may not be the most welcoming environment for our employees.
My new cryfest movie
Keeping the cough at bay with severe cough formula medicine along with menthovapor Halls cough drops, the next step was to bundle in a blanket, stretch out on the couch and watch a movie.  Instead of comedy or action adventure, I’m more of a thriller/drama type of gal, especially the ones that pull on one's heartstrings.  A few years back, my sons caught me in a cry fest watching Pan’s Labyrinth, a memory they occasionally bring up if they see me crying.  “Mom, are you having another Pan’s Labyrinth moment?”  
 
Well, I’ve now found myself a more up-to-date movie as a replacement for old Pan’s and it’s called “The Impossible”.  Asian tsunami true family story with Oscar-nominated Naomi Watts about parents and children being torn apart by a natural disaster then brought together.  Numerous moments of cry-inspiring scenes where I was fully engaged with my tissue.  At least it worked on keeping my urinary leakage at bay, possibly due to the fact that any bodily moisture was being expelled through my eyes!! 

Here’s to comedies and urinary tract control in my very near future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment