Friday, June 14, 2013

TGIF and Abundant Graduation!

Last night I stopped at Walmart to pick up a few items; of course I partook in my favorite mode of relaxation - wandering the aisles and looking for clearance treasures.  While I was in the clothing section, a young lady with broken English stopped and asked if I would give her some advice.  She said she was graduating today with her GED; she had a to wear a graduation gown but she wasn't sure if she should wear jeans or a dress.  I told her it was a moment to celebrate so she needed to wear a dress.  We looked around the Walmart dress section, where there were limited possibilities.  She asked if she should go to the Maurice store, which was close by.  I told her definitely; she needed to look at the clearance section to pick up a skirt and blouse because more than likely she would get 40% to 70% additional off the clearance price, a deal that is almost always running in Maurices.  She seemed excited; I wished her additional congratulations and she went on her way after thanking me profusely.  It was a sweet moment and I was happy to be part of someone's important life moment.

Speaking of graduation, today is Sam's rehearsal in preparation for his high school graduation on Saturday.  We just learned he received an Art Department award so that is a fitting cherry on top of his high school art career.  Here's to a wonderful celebration tomorrow!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment