Monday, January 20, 2014

Flowers, Football, and Fun

This weekend was full of relaxation and I loved every minute of it!  Spent Saturday morning cleaning the kitchen and downstairs then kicked it into high gear to clean my room.  It was an unholy mess full of clothing all over.  I was trying to find a tee-shirt packed away in a four-drawer plastic shelving unit in my closet.  Couldn't find it so proceeded to drag out all of the shirts and set them on the floor.  This was a week ago and that tee-shirt pile was haunting me all week long.  On top of that was a basket of laundry to be put away. So spent Saturday morning getting sweaty organizing my clothes, cleaning, and vacuuming  . It felt good to finally take a shower!

After a quick trip to the store, I arrived back just in time to meet Michael pulling up. We spent the afternoon relaxing and catching up with each other while waiting for the Lifetime remake of "Flowers in the Attic" movie to come on.  The remake starred Ellen Burstyn and Heather Graham and seemed promising. Unfortunately, the remake was not as good as the original and doesn't bode well for the upcoming Saturday Lifetime remake of Lizzie Borden with Christina Ricci.  Anyone else remember the Elizabeth Montgomery movie?  Hard to beat that one!  

Sunday was Seahawks day!  It seems that I have become a downright football fan; we spent part of the day surfing between the Bronco/Patriots game and the Food Network as we waited for the Hawks game to come on.  Finally 3:30 arrived and the game was on!  Michael has been teaching me the rules and jargon used in football and I believe I'm getting the hang of it.  I even remember some of the key players - Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Payton Manning, Golden Tate, Colin Kaepernick, Richard Sherman - all from memory!!  At several points during the game you could actually see me whooping, hollering, and clapping. So exciting for us Washingtonians that the Seahawks won and even better is that I understood how they did it.

After the game we ended our Sunday by watching the original Flowers in the Attic with Victoria Tennant and Louise Fletcher.  So creepy!  Skip the remake and watch this one!

This week is going to be busy.  Company party on Wednesday then a big 50 birthday get together on Saturday with friends and family.  Here's to a week filled with good memories!!



No comments:

Post a Comment