Sunday, February 2, 2014

Guacamole, Gresham, and Game

Friday night Michael and I were lucky enough to be included on a surprise birthday party for my friend Lisa, who also turned 50.   After a day of lounging (I took Friday off to recover from my milestone birthday on Thursday) we met up at a local Mexican lounge for drinks and dinner.  The last time I had been to this location was years ago -  it was a local beer joint and I remember drinking Corona and crooning Patsy Cline's Crazy during karaoke.  Now it had morphed into a great Mexican restaurant. We arrived early so to stave off hunger we ordered a peach margarita to share, bean dip and this fabulous chunky guacamole, filled with diced avocado, onion, cilantro, tomato, and lime.  It was beyond yummy!  After surprising Lisa when she entered the lounge, we celebrated her birthday while splitting dinner because we were so full from our chip and dip appetizers.


Happy 50th Lisa!!
Saturday arrived too early as we got up at 5am to roll out of bed and make our way to Portland for Michael's dialysis appointment.   We entered the clinic, which was a room full of dental-type chairs lined up similar to pedicure chairs.  Next to each chair  was a large machine which processes each persons blood.  The nurse got Michael hooked up and we watched TV before napping.  Waking up I decided it was time to....shop!  The clinic is located close to Cascade Station so I left Michael to rest and hit the road for Target. I've got a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocked from Target; alas, nothing drew my attention so I left the store empty-handed.  My next stop was Ross then Lane Bryant before returning to the clinic to find Michael all done and ready to go.

After the clinic we swung by Michael's apartment before stopping at downtown Gresham to have lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Nicholas.  Hummus, hot tea, and a shared gyro hit the spot before we hit the road for home.  I also took a batch of the hummus home for Superbowl Sunday.

Once home, we relaxed and watched movies, Skeleton Key and Bad Grampa, with Sam and Jordan.  In the afternoon I whipped a batch of clam dip, also for Superbowl Sunday.  Stubbs became my target Saturday afternoon as I trimmed him, clipped him, then gave him a bath.  Whew - after rising so early it was a very long day, recapped by falling asleep by 9pm.

And today is the Super Bowl.  I have never been a fan of football; however, now that Michael has clearly explained it to me and the fact that our very own Washington team is playing in it, this year I'm excited to watch it.  I've painted my nails team colors and even wrapped a blue and neon green bandanna around Stubb's neck to celebrate the occasion.  Go Hawks!!!

I would sooo rock these!!



No comments:

Post a Comment