Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It Doesn't Hurt to Express One's Opinion!!

Back in the day, my Mom wouldn't hesitate to write a letter to a store or company in order to express either her happiness with a product or areas where improvement was needed.  I distinctly remember her suggesting  a cartoon character to the Fig Newton company that would be entertaining, similiar to Mr. Peanut.  They never put a Fig character in place, but they did create a Fig Newton patch and sent it to her.  After Mom passed, sister Julie made a booklet for us with copies of the letters that Mom had mailed, which was very entertaining.

And now a little bit of Mom has rubbed off on me.  I'm frequently in Target and I noticed a few months ago that their plus-size women's clothing section was getting smaller and smaller and the clothes were getting uglier and uglier.  What was up with that?  So I got on line and sent them an email, outlining the fact that large print floral maxi dresses were simply not flattering for a plus size woman!  And this customer market deserved more than three racks tucked away behind the maternity clothing, which has been growing by leaps and bounds. They responded that they will work harder to add more acceptable fashion to the plus size section.  I then noticed Target had posted a sign that stated a newer and greater amount of clothing would be in soon.  So perhaps my email did make a difference.

Last night I sent an email to Coty, the owners of NYC New York Makeup.  I found a great eyebrow pencil from NYC, which only runs about $1.99.  I tend to sharpen the pencil every day; when I first began using it I noticed that when I got to the halfway point of the pencil, the color was gone.  So there was this long, lengthy pencil one would assume was filled to the end but which turned out to end at the halfway point.  I thought perhaps I had purchased a dud so I picked up a few more.  All were the same - long pencil which stopped halfway with color.  I had to take action so I sent the company an email outlining my dissatisfaction with their misleading sale of supposed full-time product.  Hopefully it will make a difference because I really like that color of pencil!




Update - yesterday I received an email from Coty where they apologized for my eyebrow pencil. They also are sending me a $6 coupon for future purchases. Unexpected but appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment