Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Happiness, Health, and Hound

Yesterday the feeling simply crept up on me and I couldn't hold it in - happiness!  Of course life throws curveballs at us but examining my life, the good and the bad, I couldn't help but have an overwhelming feeling of gratefulness, contentment, and downright pleasure.  Perhaps it was the sunshine, the blue sky, or the endorphins pumping through my body after my daily walk; regardless, it's a good feeling.

Last weekend found me visiting my man on Saturday and Sunday at his new temporary residence, the rehab facility.  I'm so proud of him for being so strong and weathering all the health storms with which he's faced. Sunday was so full of sunshine and warmth we made our way outside to sit in the sun and chat.  Monday his cousin cleaned him up with the trimmers, shaving off all the gray burly beard and he's has returned to the goateed dapper dude that I love.

After arriving home on Sunday, the evening was spent watching Mad Men, cleaning my room, and sorting out a big pile of clothes for donation that are now either too big or just haven't been worn.  Quite the accomplishment!  Now it's time to go through my shoes....uh, maybe that task can wait until the fall!

On Monday along with walking during lunch, I increased my stair climbing from 8 1/2 floors to double that.  I'm now hiking the floor stairs twice and it's going great.  

Yesterday was a highlight for my little Stubbs. For months I've been submitting his picture to Good Day Oregon for their morning Good Day pets segment; unfortunately, his picture has never appeared on television.  Monday night his cute little picture below was sent to them for consideration; low and behold, Tuesday morning my little pup was up front and center, bright and bold on the Good Day show.  

Last night after work I made a pit stop to Ross, where I found the score of the day.  Cute little black dress for only 49 cents!  It's a wee bit snug right now but after 10 more pounds it should wear just fine.

This afternoon will find me doing my part for the needy - giving blood.  We are hosting a blood drive at work and, since I'm the coordinator for it, my duty led me to sign up to donate.  

Happy Hump Day fellow Divas!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment