Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Where's Ironman When You Need Him?

After my walk and lunch today, I strolled into the blood drive to let the donation begin. Ushering me to a private area, I answered questions about my health.  The next step was to test my iron, which had to be above 12.5.  No problem, right?  Well, wrong.

After sticking my right finger, the iron calculator came back 12.1.  WTF??  I've never had low iron. The gal decided to stick my left finger because readings can be different. At that point my fingers were sore and both sported tiny circle bandaids.  I sat and waited for the reasons, bwhich finally appeared at.... 11.6!  What was going on?

At that point the nurse gave me a flyer extolling the virtues of spinach, red meat, and whole grains, all the while ushering me from the room. Humph!  My plans for an unselfish act was dashed!

I'm going to chock my low iron count to eatinv more fish and chicken as opposed to a need for Geritol!

No comments:

Post a Comment