Sunday, April 6, 2014

Healing, Peeling, and Feeling

Yesterday was a very special day.  I was able to see and actually talk with my Michael!  He was moved out of ICU and into a recovery room and is doing so well.  Still have to dress in a gown and gloves to see him along with a mask due to my cold but it was worth it.  At least the mask covered up my poor flaky, peeling nose that had been slathered in Vaseline.  I surprised him with a gift from stepmom Arlene - a card and little purple orchid, which brought a smile to his face.  It is almost surreal to go from my man teetering between life and death to seeing him sitting up in bed, smiling and talking.  We have all been blessed with his recovery.

When I arrived home I had another unexpected surprise- a beautiful bouquet from sister Eilene and her hubby Gary.  What a sweet gift!  Thank you sis!  I sent Michael a picture and he loved them as well.

The cherry on top?  I reached my 20-lb goal loss yesterday!  Taking it day by day to become a healthier me!!  Here's the next 20 along with Michael's release from the hospital!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment