Wednesday, April 30, 2014

On the Move....Literally!

If you know me, you'd know I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I wasn't on the move!  And I've been in my movin element the last several days.

After cruising to Portland to see my Michael on Saturday, Sunday (a very rainy day) found Jordan and I returning to his apartment to complete the biggest and most difficult task to move him in - the fish tank.  A very large fish tank.  We met up with his mom and sister to complete this job.  After wrangling his fish (thankfully only three - a large Dempsey and two algae eaters) into bags, we then tried, with Michael's help, to get the hose hooked up to drain the tank.  Ugh.  This took an hour to try and figure out what was wrong.  We finally gave up ease to do it old school - drain by the bucket, which ended up being a fairly quick process.  Jordan and I then maneuvered the tank on to the dolly, which unfortunately resulted in rock and water spilling onto the carpet.  Arrggg!!  Removing the majority of the gravel, we were then able to get it on the dolly and down to the car.  Michael's mom is a cleaning dynamo and took care of the puddle on his floor. We then loaded up the stand into his sister's car along with any remaining items from his apartment and we were done.  Yay!!

Michael's sister then followed us, in the rainy weather, to my place where we could unload then set up the tank.  Thankfully, the hose worked in the reverse direction so it didn't take long to fill up the tank.  His fish were put in to acclimate; unfortunately, the two algae eaters didn't make it but his large fish is hanging on.  I've got my fingers crossed!

Jordan on the road
Over the last week Jordan has been helping his lifelong friend John and family pack for their move to Nebraska.  They invited Jordan to go along for the ride and, if he liked Nebraska, he could stay.  We have a tearful goodbye on Monday night before he left Tuesday morning.  Jordan and Sam also had a goodbye session, where Sam left Jordan his Batman bracelet so he could think of him often.  I'm eager to hear what the future holds for Jordan in the new state.

Last night's dinner - yum!!!
Vegetables have been my mainstay and last night was no different.  My salad for dinner was absolutely gorgeous!  And now the sunshine is here!!  Yesterday was a gorgeous, blue-skied day and I'm looking forward to an even warmer day today, which finds me serving as the MOD.  It's going to be a wonderful day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment