Friday, November 7, 2014

Out of the Blue Brings a Smile to My Face

I received an out of the blue Facebook message this week that brought a tear to my eye.  Back in the day I was stepmother to Chelsea, 26 and Dylan, 25.  I've kept in touch with both via Facebook and followed their growth to adulthood.  Dylan was in the Air Force and now is married with two children; Chelsea just graduated from culinary school.

The message  I received was from Chelsea and Dylan's mom; we aren't Facebook friends so it was a surprise to receive the following:

I have been errant in telling you how much you did to make the kids into who they are today...thank you....I am in your debt for all the effort you invested in them..I have to say I always could breath a little easier knowing that you were there for them!!!

Wow! What a blessing to receive this comment and it made me feel so good!  I'm glad the kids are doing great and I had a small part in making them who they are today!



No comments:

Post a Comment