Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sweater and Spirit

One of my shirts repaired Friday night included a men's basset hound sweater, which had been picked up over a year ago for $4.  It ended up being too small, sleeves too long, and neck was strangling me.  Since losing weight, it now fits; the neckline was changed and the sleeves were cut shorter so yesterday I wore it to work.  The basset hound reminded me of my mom's dog Petey - short, squatty, stinky, blundering Petey.

After work I stopped at the mini mart to get some gas.  After paying at the register, I turned and an older grandmother-type lady was in line and gave me a smile.  I smiled back and made my way back to pump my gas.

As I was standing there in the cold filling up my car , I sensed someone coming close to me.  I looked up and it was the older woman.  She smiled and said "I just wanted to tell you how very pretty you are." Wow...that was unexpected!  She then reached over and gave me a big hug.  I hugged her back, smiled, and thanked her for her kind words.

My hand to God, it felt as if this woman was my mother - an angel - giving  me a compliment here on earth.  I can't explain it - divine intervention, a channeling of spirits - but in my heart when that woman spoke and hugged me, it was my mom's spirit that I felt.  It was a great blessing and resulted in a big cry on my part later in the evening.  Love you and miss you Mom - thanks for the visit!!!

Ode to Petey

No comments:

Post a Comment