Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sewing and Saturday Night

It feels like a Sunday today and that's okay with me!

Friday evening I spent finally taking in a few clothing items that had become too big.  One was a white/black tuxedo jacket - I took in the sides and back, shoulders, and made the sleeves short. Turned out much better!  Also had a men's sweater with an adorable basset hound on the front; after turning it into a V-neck with shorter sleeves, I'll be ready to wear it to work.  Also repaired a beige skirt and significantly took in a cool sequined shirt that hadn't been worn for a long time as it was too baggy and loose.  There are a couple more items that I'm going to update tonight - a sweatshirt and a dress.  It's nice to be handy with a sewing machine - thanks Mom!

Saturday was date night; picked up in a shiny red Corvette for dinner at Red Lobster followed by seeing Interstellar at the movies.  It. Was. Long.  Too long - over 2.50 hours.  Plus it was difficult to follow....my mind was wandering and there were a few times I almost nodded off.  Came home and who was there but Sam.  Have barely seen him lately but the night I have a date he shows up!  It was like "oh great, my parents are home!!"

Today one of my other new gentleman callers, as Mom would say, phoned dropping hints to come over, which I gently ignored.  Now is the time for me to be asked out, courted, or dated and not having someone just pop in at the last minute hoping for dinner,TV, and some necking.

This morning after sleeping in, laundry was on the agenda, followed by making a whole wheat crust apple/pear tart, watching the Seahawks game, hitting the gym for an hour, stopping by Goodwill, then home where homemade mac and cheese was on my cooking list.  And now surfing on-line while waiting for 9pm to watch The Walking Dead.



1 comment:

  1. Proud of you Leesha! Yes - wine, romance and Taking you out is how it should be! Not having you cook at home and wait on someone! geesh...

    ReplyDelete