Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sew, Sew, Sew Your Shirt!

Instead of a night of crafting, it became a night of sewing.

Tomorrow for a directors outing we will be attending a Mariners game.  Alas there was no Mariners shirt in my closet.  I ended up stopping at the VF Outlet on the way home from work and snagged one for  $4.99.

The only problem?  It was short sleeved.  We also have for most of the day tomorrow some training that requires us to wear long sleeves.  To that end, I whipped out a lime green stretchy scarf in my closet which matched the logo outline on the black shirt.

I cut sleeves from the fabric and used it to lengthen the short sleeves.  Also cut the collar to be a V-neck.  It now looks more like a jersey.  Pretty impressed with myself, although during the sewing the bobbin was giving me so many fits that I had to take a break.  After dinner, it was easy breezy and the shirt is done.

Looking forward to tomorrow's events and a long day!


No comments:

Post a Comment