Monday, June 12, 2017

Romance Burning Up But So is The Milk

Progress - Things have been going so great with Mr. B aka Mike that it's time to meet more of his family. I've met his brother and, briefly, his mom. Tomorrow night I will be meeting his mother in law, mom to his wife who passed away.  She is actually a therapist whom I heard speak many years ago at a women's expo.  Then Wednesday night I get to meet his stepson, who lives with him.  Kinda nervous but kinda excited too.

Mike has met my sons but I've yet to unleash the rest of my family upon him, although he is looking forward to it.  We will take baby steps, leading up to the grand finale of the annual family Christmas party.


Burned Milk - I saw a recipe the other day for mac and cheese made by cooking pasta in milk then adding cheese without straining the pasta. Looked yummy and since I only had a veggie salad for lunch, figured I'd go for it.  Big mistake.

Put the milk on to heat then headed upstairs to change my clothes. Arriving back to the kitchen, the milk was boiling.  I quickly turned it down then added the pasta. Hmmm did the milk burn?  I didn't think so.

Well, I was wrong. The dish came together pretty well but there is a lingering taste of burn. Bummer.




No comments:

Post a Comment