Sunday, June 25, 2017

Seaside and Summer

Couldn't ask for a better weekend for our girls trip to the beach!  Friday was hot and sunny as we made our way toward Seaside. I rode with Janel and Sally, Mary, her sister Peggy, and April all rode together.

First stop was Astoria, where Janel had to check on her injured dog at the vet.  As we waited in the car, a lady came out of the vet's office with her tiny chihuahua. Her dog, Poncho, was all dressed up including hat and goggles. The lady said she and her dog coordinate looks every day. Welcome to the Oregon Coast folks!!

Following the vet, we stopped in downtown Astoria to look at the little thrift stores. It was getting so hot we made our way to a tavern nearby, The Chart. Some of us tried bloody marys but I ordered a red beer. I'd barely taken a few sips when, during a particularly animated story, I hit my glass with my hands and it fell over. Bummer! Went to order a replacement and a regular sitting next to me said he'd buy it for me. Wow - nice!!

We asked where they served the best bloody marys and the Chart bartender pointed us to Mary Todd's bar.  Before leaving, I left our bartender Tyler one of my painted rocks.

We arrived and ordered the drinks from our bartender Bjorn. Cool guy, marys were good, and left him a rock as well.

Done there, we continued on to Seaside. After unloading our items at Sallys duplex, we then went for more drinks and dinner at Avenue U cafe.  Not bad food but the service was pretty lacking. Definitely not rock worthy.

After dinner we stopped at Safeway for groceries then the liquor store. I picked up a bottle of cucumber vodka; later, I made a drink with the vodka, sparkling lime water, and lime twist. Very good but needed a little more sweetness so I poured in a splash of 7up. Yum - just the right balance.

Friday night we spent around the dining table playing a dice game. I had never played it before but wound up in second place. Our next dice game I came in first. 😊 Whoop whoop!!

Stayed up way too late Friday night. Stumbled out of bed Saturday morning with one thing on my mind - coffee.

Once we were all ready, we made our way to downtown Seaside. It was gearing up to be a very, VERY, hot day, especially for the beach. Our first stop was Pig N Pancake for breakfast. Apparently that was everyone else's idea as the place was packed. Our waitress ended up earning my last painted rock.

Following breakfast, we wandered the Seaside strip and made our way to the promenade, thinking we would go to the surf. However, by the time we got there, it was so stinking hot, ie 95 degrees, we decided not to go that route.  We were all so beat and hot we made our way back to the house.

At the house we broke out a new dice game and drinks.  We spent the afternoon doing that, talking, laughing, and generally hanging out.

Around 7pm we made our way to the Bigfoot restaurant for dinner.  I'd been there before and the food is good. I was feeling so full from the drinks and bloated from my period, which has been hanging on to no end, that I ended up having a spinach salad.

Dinner over, back to the house to relax.  Can't remember what we did other than more talking and laughing.

This morning we were up, celebrating our last day with coffee then red beer. I didn't even bother to shower or put on makeup this morning. Left the duplex around 1pm to head home. Our last stop was The Berry Patch diner where we had a late lunch/early dinner.

Was an awesome trip and just might become an annual tradition. Could not have asked for better weather or a better group of gals to share good times.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment