Monday, March 16, 2020

I've Got the Covid Blues



Feeling warm
Achy too
Started coughing
Must be flu

First in Wuhan
Epidemic strain
Dispursed by cruise ship,
Airplane and train

It needs a name
This flu we fear
CDC called it "Corona"
Mexico's tasty beer

When it hit the U.S.
We all started to freak
Illness paranoia
At its highest peak

Wear the masks
Make sure you clean
Don't touch your face
Or you'll be quarantined!

Forget the hugs
And grab your gloves
Elbow bumps only
To show your love

Widespread panic
During this illness caper
Stores sold out of
Water, Lysol, and toilet paper

Horders of sanitizer
Selling via Amazon
$70 for Purell
Until they were shut down

No school, no crowds
No diners, no bars
Statewide lock down
So we can't travel far

Job germs aplenty
So time to work from home
Telecommute for 2 months
In my personal biodome

Social distance required
Pandemic world-wide
Deadly flu out to get us
And there's no place to hide

Can't sneeze in public
Cough or lightly wheeze
Instantly labeled contagious
Hey, it's just my allergies!

Hysteria commonplace
Panic on the brain
The world all cast members
In "The Andromeda Strain"

Just like Y2K
We'll laugh about this flu
But in the middle of this chaos
I'm kind of scared, aren't you?

Put me in hibernation
Eight weeks ought to do
Can skip the virus drama
Won't need paper for my poo

So we sit here hunkered down
Waiting for virus to strike
Anticipation killing me
Covid19 just drop the mic!

Trapped in the house
Small space I am crammed
Only outlet for amusement
Is texting and Instagram

The one wish I make
The request I do dream
Is to hear those sweet words
"We've discovered a vaccine!"


Stay healthy everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment