Friday, March 27, 2020

Party Like We Are 109

It's Friday night! Let's go run around, hit the town, stir up some trouble and.....oh never mind. Let's remain quarantined in our homes as we take our life in our hands if we dare to venture outside.

So what am I doing instead?  Snuggled in bed watching Octavia Spencer and Tiffany Hadish in a Madam C.J. Walker series. Madam was the first black female millionaire who developed and sold hair products.  Set in the early 1900's it mixes in the historical with a bit of jive and hip hop music. I'm just starting episode four - the last one.

In Madam C.J.'s honor, I'm also conditioning my hair! Drenched my locks in tons of purified coconut oil, wrapped it in a plastic bag, and will be treating my hair to goodness all night long. I also spread a gob of night serum over my face because why not kill two birds with one stone.

On a side note, my roommate thinks my hair must be terribly damaged because I lose so much of it.  She had me a little worried so of course I Googled "normal hair loss."  The average human loses between 50 and 100 strands of hair a day! And if it's longer it just seems more noticeable! So there you go. Normal especially for someone like me with very thick, abundant hair. 😝

Good night, sweet dreams all and here's to silky hair and no wrinkles in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment