Thursday, August 27, 2020

Beach Poems

Sunshine was calling me all day so booked it out to Willow Grove after work. No Stubbs as it was too warm for that little guy plus he would not be happy watching me swim.

As I've done before, after swimming sat my wet self down on the blanket and began writing poems, this time haikus.  If they are good or if they are bad, something about writing creatively soothes my soul.

Here's a sampling of my beach poetry:

Was eighty at noon
Couldn't wait to hit river
Goodbye work at 4

Warm seat in the sand
Contemplating thoughts in sun
Waves provide soundtrack

Neglectful parent
Child with no life jacket
Could be angel soon

No morning better
Beach sunrise on sandy surf
Dog my companion

You reach an age when
Size and status don't matter
Happy to be you






No comments:

Post a Comment