Monday, August 3, 2020

Sunshine and Paint and Braiding Oh My!

Happy August!!!!

Besides work, have been enjoying the sunny days for which we've been blessed!  Hit Willow Grove by my lonesome last Wednesday and it was lovely.  Swimming is one of my favorite pastimes and every minute on the sand and in the water is thoroughly enjoyed. Only downside was had to leave my pup at home as it was just too hot outside for him.



Thursday Marie tagged along and we made our way back to the Kalama beach with the easily accessible sandbar. We were the only ones there. Enjoyed the water but it's not as nice there as it is on Willow Grove.  Wore my water shoes but decided to leave them off on our return wade through the water. Was not a good idea. Stepped on a clamshell and it sliced open the bottom of my foot.

Made it home, washed my foot, splashed it with hydrogen peroxide, then slathered on Neosporin. Was sore the next day so applied more salve and a gauze pad.  Saturday afternoon foot was rearing its painful head. No more gauze or medical tape so used a paper towel and duct tape. Whatever works!!  The sand bar beach is now referred to as the clambed and we won't be back there anytime soon.


Painted this weekend. Yes, I'm obsessed but it's a good hobby! Picked up some 99 cent canvas and frames at Goodwill and repurposed them with my paintings.  Painted a flower rock for the neighbor and a Minnie Mouse bow for the little girl across the street.  Just finished painting an old birdhouse which has been restored to glory.









Sunday Marie, the neighbor and I headed back to the beach, this time to the Kalama Marina area south of the new McMenimins.  I had been to that beach before but they hadn't. We found a spot, set up our space, then hit the water.

As the day progressed the activity increased. Several young guys parked themselves about 100 feet from us, keg in hand. They were having a grand time, offering us beer and pot to which we declined. I was enjoying a little BuzzBall (kind of a wine drink) I picked up at the mini mart and that was enough.





The crowd grew and it was fun to watch them and reflect back on our twenties when we partied hard.  Well, probably not as hard as the kegger's ringleader as his modus operandi was to funnel a beer, barf, funnel a beer, barf, and so on.  I did end up french braiding a 21-year old guy's hair because I seemed to be the only one that held that talent!

Made it home about 7pm and we were beat! I'm definitely working the sunglass tan today!  Happy to report I took another certification test this morning and passed. Just have one more class tomorrow followed by one more test and I'll be done!


No comments:

Post a Comment